Date of Last Revision: January 25, 2015
EngagedMD focuses on assisting health providers in ensuring that patients get the information that they need about proposed medical procedures. In this spirit, we offer the Site, a secure online resource that helps patients get important information about their health care.
With this Site you can get online access to information that supplements and facilitates the informed patient consent process for various medical procedures, and keep your healthcare provider apprised of your progress in reviewing the information you have been given access to, in order to provide you with more informed knowledge, and to streamline and make the process easier for you and your healthcare provider. Depending on the healthcare provider, you may also use the Site to view, print and execute an online patient informed consent form.
- You will act responsibly and be truthful and accurate about yourself and, if applicable, your dependents;
- You will protect your unique identifier and/or password from any unauthorized use;
- You will notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use or access to your account or any account-related security breach;
- You will use the Site for personal or non-commercial purposes only; if you print pages from this Site, you may only use them for your own personal use;
You agree not to:
- Create an account for anyone other than yourself unless you are a Legal Guardian, are authorized to do so under a
- Power of Attorney or have received other appropriate authorization to act on behalf of the user;
- Provide any false or inaccurate personal information (including a false User Name);
- Create a User Name that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or create a User Name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful;
- Collect or store personal information about others;
- Transmit or disclose information about another person or otherwise harass any other person;
- Delete or revise any content on this website except your own information;
- Use any device or computer program in order to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper operation of this Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the systems supporting this Site;
- Attempt to disrupt, degrade, impair or violate the integrity or security of the infrastructure of this Site (e.g., hacking, denial of service attacks), including any activity that precedes attempts to breach security such as scanning, probing, or other testing or vulnerability assessment activity, or engaging in or permitting any network or hosting activity that results in the blacklisting or other blockage of our IP space;
- Remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices displayed on the content and/or frame EngagedMD’s name or any EngagedMD content, trademark, logo or trademarks in any meta-tags or other hidden text, or other proprietary information on this Site;
- Copy, reprint, modify, lease, distribute, assign, sell, license, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of content on this Site or take other actions that may be prohibited by the Federal regulation known commonly as the “Copyright Act” using information or content retrieved from this Site or any of the third party websites we may provide links to;
Use this Site in a manner that may adversely affect this Site’s resources or its availability to others, or that violates U.S., local, state or federal law.
Your Site account privileges depend upon your consent to honor these responsibilities; we rely on your good faith and judgment. If you choose to provide inaccurate or false information, use poor judgment, or fail to access your account for eighteen (18) months, EngagedMD has the right to discontinue your access to this Site.
Additional Responsibilities Related to Email and Mobile Use:
- Updating your information on the Site if you change devices or your phone number;
- Activating security and privacy settings (for example, passwords and screen locking), and not allowing others access to your mobile device;
- Being aware of all potential risks with unsecure technology (for example, text messaging generally is not secure when sent unencrypted);
- Understanding your mobile contract, associated wireless fees and mobile phone coverage in rural, urban and international areas;
- Understanding that additional data may be collected by your mobile network or other mobile applications;
- Notifying your mobile service provider and EngagedMD if your phone is misplaced, stolen or lost ;
- All memory and data stored on your mobile phone.
We agree to:
- Make reasonable efforts to present accurate information on this Site; however it is possible that information found on this Site may be out-of-date;
- Have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control;
- Continually evaluate new technologies intended to safeguard your information;
- Provide the content and information on this Site on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any representations or warranties;
- Grant you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive limited license to access this Site
- Protect your online information according to applicable U.S. local, state and federal laws and our established company policies, standards and practices.
Online Security and Website Links
This Site is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. Even though there are tremendous benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks which may include:
- Failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the Internet.
- No guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet can be assured due to potentially unsecure computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. Please use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet.
Third-Party Websites or Resources
This Site contains links to other websites and/or resources hosted by independent third parties. At times, EngagedMD works with such third parties to create the content on these websites; at other times, a link to these websites is provided solely as a resource or convenience for our users. Since these third-party websites are not hosted or maintained by EngagedMD, we do not make any guarantees or warranties as to the validity or accuracy of the information posted on these websites, or for any products or services that may be available on these websites. As a result, you agree that EngagedMD has no liability for any damages you may incur as a result of your use of or the information you receive from or submit to these third party websites.
Content and Website Information
EngagedMD does not furnish or render professional health care services or medical care. Therefore, the information presented on this Site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, nor is it intended to provide you with a specific diagnosis or treatment for a specific ailment. Information is made available to you at your request for educational and informational purposes and does not constitute the practice of medicine and/or as a substitute for consultation with your personal physician.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ENGAGEDMD AND ITS LICENSORS HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE) INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM OR SUBMIT TO THIS SITE.
ENGAGEDMD AND ITS LICENSORS HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR FAILURE OF ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION, TELEPHONE OR OTHER CONNECTION PROBLEMS, COMPUTER VIRUSES, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR INTERCEPTION OF DATA FROM THIS SITE, THEFT OR ERRORS.
IN ADDITION, IF YOU REQUEST ENGAGEDMD TO SEND INFORMATION VIA EMAIL OR YOUR MOBILE DEVICE TO YOUR REGISTERED ACCOUNT, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE USING THIS SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ENGAGEDMD AND ITS LICENSORS HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE) INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THIS FUNCTIONALITY.
Ownership and Copyright Protection
All right, title and interest in the content (including software, text and images) and other intellectual property (including trademarks, service marks and copyrights) on this Site are solely and exclusively the property of EngagedMD or its licensors, and are protected by intellectual property laws. You acknowledge that content available through the Site, including, without limitation, content of third parties is protected by copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual proprietary rights and laws.